Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Caucus Frenzy

We're in the final push for the 2008 Iowa presidential party caucuses, and I've been spending much of the Christmas break campaigning for Barack Obama. Here's a photo from a recent Obama campaign event I attended in Des Moines.

With less than two days to go before the caucuses, it appears that Obama could capture more convention delegates than any other candidate in the race. That's based on today's Des Moines Register story showing Obama with 32 percent support in the state, opening a clear lead over Hillary Clinton and John Edwards.

I'd love to say it's been because of my dogged work on behalf of the candidate, but it's really due to a great group of campaign workers who've flooded the state in the past several months. It was amazing to me during my volunteer shift on Sunday afternoon that I was one of the few people there who actually live in Ankeny. Many of the volunteers had come to the area without pay from California, New York, Colorado, Ohio and Florida.


No comments: